API 4 TESTERS Wget, SoapUI and REST-assured
In our current interconnected world systems are no longer monolithic. Modern service oriented application (SOA) architecture requires connection of pre-built sub-systems through microservices as part of solution building.
As such a modern tester needs basic and automated application programming interface (API) testing knowledge and practice as part of his testing toolset.
After establishing the theoretical API basics, the course will immediately become hands-on to learn how to interact with API’s through Wget. Using the GUI of the popular and widely used SOAPUI application you will learn how to build and execute test scripts.
On the second course day you will take test scripting to a more tool independent level by using JAVA in a REST Assured framework. The use of the widely spread JAVA programming language will give you full control over your tests.
During the course we are not only focusing purely on technical implementation but also on common and best practices on how to set-up your API test framework.
Various exercises based on real-life examples will help you better understand the concepts and bring them into practice.
After this course you will be able to:
· have insight into how modern API’s are built
· have a good understanding of HTTP protocol
· access API’s using Wget
· create test scripts using SOAPUI
· have practical experience setting up a framework based on Rest-assured
· write, execute scripts and verify results in a database with Rest-assured
· Testers with a basic knowledge in object-oriented programming.
· Technical persons having a first experience and wanting to start testing API’s
· Basic programming knowledge (Programming Structures, Object-Oriented Programming), Java is a plus
· Basic SQL and database knowledge
· Basic test terminology knowledge
· Basic Software lifecycle knowledge
· API Basics
· HTTP methods Basics + exercises
· SOAP UI Basics + exercises
· Rest-assured framework + exercises
o Request creation
o Scripts using requests
o Result verification in database
we foresee for you
· Printed slide handouts
· Access to a pre-configured system under test
· Lunch & beverages
· Certificate of attendance
And our tutors’ experience in software testing through various real-life examples.
Participants should bring
Laptop with (local) admin rights (this can be provided at an additional cost)
AVAILABLE TRAINING DATES
March 23 & 24
August 4 & 5