ISTQB Certified TEster ADVANCED
The Advanced Level qualification is aimed at people who have achieved an advanced point in their careers in software testing and seek for deeper understanding of quality assurance. It supports the definition of career paths for professional testers.
This course provides an in-depth review of the ISTQB® Foundation level, and extends the broad understanding of testing acquired at the Foundation Level to enable the role of Advanced Test Analyst.
It will integrate in more detailed level, design techniques, testing of software quality characteristics, defect management, tools and automation.
After the course, successful participants will be able to:
· Perform the appropriate testing activities based on the software development lifecycle being used.
· Determine the proper prioritization of the testing activities based on the information provided by the risk analysis.
· Select and apply appropriate testing techniques to ensure that tests provide an adequate level of confidence, based on defined coverage criteria.
· Provide the appropriate level of documentation relevant to the testing activities.
· Determine the appropriate types of functional testing to be performed.
· Assume responsibility for the usability testing for a given project.
· Effectively participate in formal and informal reviews with stakeholders, applying knowledge of typical mistakes made in work products.
· Design and implement a defect classification scheme.
· Apply tools to support an efficient testing process.
On top of that, if you pass the exam, you will hold the CTAL-TM certificate which:
· Is considered as a plus on your CV, when performing or applying as test analyst.
· Is a pre-requisite to establish further skills and knowledge to reach the Expert level in Test Management or improving the test process.
· Testing professionals wishing to widen their testing scope towards new test types, techniques and tools.
· Testing professionals wishing to acquire more in-depth knowledge of test process and test approaches.
· Other stakeholders who wish to have a deeper understanding of test analysis.
· Everyone preparing for the CTAL-TA examination.
To get the Advanced Level certification, candidates must:
· Hold the ISTQB® Certified Tester - Foundation Level certificate (CTFL).
· Have sufficient practical experience (at least 18 months in software testing).
The course is structured according to the ISTQB® Test Analyst syllabus. This way you can relate the topics covered in the course to both the syllabus and the book.
· Testing Processes: Testing within Lifecycle; Planning & Control; Analysis & Design. Implementation & Execution; Exit Criteria & Reporting; Closure
· Test Management: Progress & Control; Distributed/Outsourced /Insourced Testing; Risk-Based Testing.
· Test Techniques: Specification-Based; Defect-Based; Experience-Based.
· Testing Software Quality Characteristics: Accuracy; Suitability; Interoperability; Usability; Accessibility.
· Defect Management: Report Fields; Classification; Root Cause Analysis.
· Test Tools: Design Tools; Data Preparation Tools; Automated Execution Tools.
· 60 multiple-choice questions.
· Scoring of between 1 and 3 points, reflecting the question difficulty.
· Pass mark of 65%.
· Duration of 180 minutes (or 225 minutes, if the candidate's native language is not the exam language).
we foresee for you
· Printed course hand-outs.
· An ISTQB® Advanced Test Analyst book.
· A copy of the Advanced Level Test Analyst syllabus & glossary.
· Practical assignments, along with their solutions.
· Sample exam questions and answers.
And our tutors’ experience in software testing through various real-life examples.
Yes, unfortunately, the in-class training schedule has been adapted due to COVID-19.
All in-class training is cancelled until end August 2020. Luckily for you, we have several virtual-class training scheduled.
Want to find out more about these Software Quality Assurance Tooling Crash Courses? Subscribe to our webinar on automated API & GUI testing
We are currently working on an updated training schedule for the second half of 2020. All in-class training will be online and open for bookings as of 4 July 2020, stay updated via our newsletter!