ISTQB Certified TEster ADVANCED
TEST AUTOMATION ENGINEER
This course provides participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to guide a test automation project. The course focuses on the concepts, methods, tools, and processes for automating dynamic functional tests and the relationship of those tests to test management, configuration management, defect management, software development processes and quality assurance. Methods described are generally applicable across variety of software lifecycle approaches (e.g. agile, sequential, incremental, iterative), types of software systems (e.g. embedded, distributed, mobile) and test types (functional and non-functional testing).
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
· Contribute to the development of a plan to integrate automated testing within the testing process
· Evaluate tools and technology for automation best fit to each project and organization.
· Create an approach and methodology for building a test automation architecture (TAA).
· Design and develop (new or modified) test automation solutions that meet the business needs.
· Enable the transition of testing from a manual to an automated approach.
· Create automated test reporting and metrics collection.
· Manage and optimize testing assets to facilitate maintainability and address evolving (test) systems.
This training is meant for:
· Test Analysts
· Test Coordinators
· Test Managers
· Test Consultants
· You possess the ISTQB® Foundation Certificate in Software Testing.
· Preferably you have some scripting/programming knowledge (or you are at least keen on learning this).
Introduction and Objectives for Test Automation
· Purpose of Test Automation
· Success Factors in Test Automation
Preparing for Test Automation
· SUT Factors Influencing Test Automation
· Tool Evaluation and Selection
· Design for Testability and Automation
The Generic Test Automation Architecture (gTAA)
· Introduction to gTAA
· TAA Design
· Test Automation Solution (TAS) Development
Deployment Risks and Contingencies
· Selection of Test Automation Approach and Planning of Deployment/Rollout
· Risk Assessment and Mitigation Strategies
· Test Automation Maintenance
Test Automation Reporting and Metrics
· Selection of TAS Metrics
· Implementation of Measurement
· Logging of the TAS and the system under test (SUT)
· Test Automation Reporting
Transitioning Manual Testing to an Automated Environment
· Criteria for Automation
· Implementing Automation within Regression Testing
· Implementing Automation within New Feature Testing
· Implementing Automation of Confirmation Testing
Verifying the TAS
· Verifying Automated Test Environment Components
· Verifying the Automated Test Suite
· Options for Improving Test Automation
· Planning the Implementation of Test Automation Improvement
Application of the theory
· During this training you will apply the things you learn on a real life application!
· Exam questions: 40
· Minimum score: 65 %
· Examination Time: 90 min
· Time Extension: 23 min
we foresee for you
· Printed course hand-outs.
· A copy of the Advanced Level syllabus & glossary.
· Practical assignments, along with their solutions.
· Sample exam questions and answers.
And our tutors’ experience in software testing through various real-life examples.
Participants should bring
Laptop with (local) admin rights (this can be provided at an additional cost)
Yes, unfortunately, the in-class training schedule has been adapted due to COVID-19.
All in-class training is cancelled until end August 2020. Luckily for you, we have several virtual-class training scheduled.
Want to find out more about these Software Quality Assurance Tooling Crash Courses? Subscribe to our webinar on automated API & GUI testing
We are currently working on an updated training schedule for the second half of 2020. All in-class training will be online and open for bookings as of 4 July 2020, stay updated via our newsletter!