ISTQB Certified TEster ADVANCED
technical TEST analyst
The Advanced Level qualification is aimed at people who have achieved an advanced point in their careers in software testing and seek for deeper understanding of quality assurance. It supports the definition of career paths for professional testers.
This course provides an in-depth review of the ISTQB® Foundation level, and extends the broad understanding of testing acquired at the Foundation Level to enable the role of Advanced Technical Test Analyst.
It extends further the skills of Test Analyst, by integrating also in detailed level, additional and more complex design techniques and software quality characteristics. It also covers Risk-based Testing, white-box techniques, and further tools & automation aspects.
After the course, successful participants will be able to:
· Recognize and classify the typical risks associated with the performance, security, reliability, portability and maintainability of software systems.
· Create test plans which detail the planning, design and execution of tests for mitigating performance, security, reliability, portability and maintainability risks.
· Select and apply appropriate structural design techniques to ensure that tests provide an adequate level of confidence, based on code coverage and design coverage.
· Effectively participate in technical reviews with developers and software architects applying knowledge of typical mistakes made in code and architecture.
· Recognize risks in code and software architecture and create test plan elements to mitigate those risks through dynamic analysis.
· Propose improvements to the security, maintainability and testability of code by applying static analysis.
· Outline the costs and benefits to be expected from introducing particular types of test automation.
· Select appropriate tools to automate technical testing tasks.
· Understand the technical issues and concepts in applying test automation.
On top of that, if you pass the exam, you will hold the CTAL-TM certificate which:
· Is considered as a plus on your CV, when performing or applying as technical test analyst.
· Is a pre-requisite to establish further skills and knowledge to reach the Expert level in Test Management or improving the test process.
· Testing professionals wishing to widen their testing scope towards new test types, techniques and tools.
· Testing professionals wishing to take up more complex testing requiring deeper technical knowledge.
· Other stakeholders who wish to have a deeper understanding of technical test analysis.
· Everyone preparing for the CTAL-TA examination.
To get the Advanced Level certification, candidates must:
· Hold the ISTQB® Certified Tester - Foundation Level certificate (CTFL).
· Have sufficient practical experience (at least 18 months in software testing).
The course is structured according to the ISTQB® Technical Test Analyst syllabus. This way you can relate the topics covered in the course to both the syllabus and the book.
· Risk-Based Testing: Identification; Assessment; Mitigation.
· Structure-Based Testing: Condition Testing; MC/DC Testing; Path Testing; API Testing.
· Analytical Techniques: Static Analysis; Dynamic Analysis.
· Testing Software Quality Characteristics: Planning Issues; Security; Reliability; Performance; Resource Utilization; Maintainability; Portability.
· Test Tools & Automation: Integration; Defining Automation Projects; Test Tools.
· 45 multiple-choice questions.
· Scoring of between 1 and 3 points, reflecting the question difficulty.
· Pass mark of 65%.
· Duration of 120 minutes (or 150 minutes, if the candidate's native language is not the exam language).
we foresee for you
· Printed course hand-outs.
· An ISTQB® Advanced Technical Test Analyst book.
· A copy of the Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst syllabus & glossary.
· Practical assignments, along with their solutions.
· Sample exam questions and answers.
And our tutors’ experience in software testing through various real-life examples.