SELENIUM 4 developersPython using Behave
As an integral part of agile methodology and practices test automation became hot and unavoidable. This course will give you an excellent introduction into the world of test automation.
In a first stage the course establishes the basis by using the popular Selenium Webdriver to run Python tests using selenium. Different element recognition and verification methods are explored and explained. You will be able to practice your automation capabilities and each of the methods in a prepared test environment.
In a second stage you will take the scripting to the next level by using Behave to run Gherkin scripts, a keyword driven language.
During the course we are not only focusing purely on technical implementation but also on common and best practices on how to set-up your test harness, how to use and reset test data and how to implement teardown.
Various exercises based on real-life examples will help you better understand the concepts and bring them into practice.
Agile automation testers living automation daily have compiled this training to share their experience with users like you to get you kick started and avoid you make the same mistakes.
After this course you will be able to:
· have insight how a state-of-the art website is built
· have practical experience setting up Python tests supported by Behave
· create & implement BDD scenarios
· initiate Python tests trough Behave
· Interact with a web app through Selenium Webdriver
· use different selectors to find and validate different web page elements
· Testers with a basic knowledge in object-oriented programming wanting to know more on test automation with Selenium, Python and Behave.
· Technical persons having a first experience and wanting to know more on automation with Selenium, Python and behave.
· Basic website (HTML, CSS, DOM) and programming knowledge (Programming Structures, Object Oriented Programming)
· Basic SQL and database knowledge
· Basic test terminology knowledge
· Basic Software lifecycle knowledge
· Automation Basics
· Training environment
· GUI element selection + exercise
· Parameter Input + exercise
· Data driven testing + exercise
· Keyword driven testing + exercise
· Test execution report
· Connecting to a database + exercise
we foresee for you
· Printed slide handouts
· Access to a pre-configured system under test
· Lunch & beverages
· Certificate of attendance
And our tutors’ experience in software testing through various real-life examples.
Participants should bring
Laptop with (local) admin rights (this can be provided at an additional cost)
AVAILABLE TRAINING DATES
September 7 & 8